Effective communication skills and self development is a quality and ability to communicate well with people around you and add spice to your life. By adding spice, I mean that your own communication skills will attract people towards you. Your friends, relatives, customers, clients or colleagues will show interest in you and you’ll feel zing in your life.
Here are some steps to improve your communication skills
• Try to expand and develop your voice with softness.
• Slow down your speech to avoid showing that you are nervous.
• Avoid a monotone and use high pitch and soft sound to communicate.
• Don’t mumble while speaking, pronounce each word clearly. People will judge your capabilities through your vocabulary.
• Use the words you know. Don’t use any word, if you are not sure of the meaning. Improve your English speaking skills
• Make eye contact as this will help you to be more confident and people will show interest in you.
• Use body gestures to show your interest in the conversation.
• Make sure that your words, body gestures, facial expression, message and tone all match with one another. None of these should be different. For example, if you say you are concern, show that in your body gestures and facial expressions along with a sift tone.